Friday 3 December 2010

Photoshoot: 1980's House Party

Following on from my authenticity in photography segment, I wanted to do a shoot based around a house party. I played around with the lighting settings on my camera to produce a raw candid photo style. These are the photos I took.







The set f photos turned out to be very candid (which I was happy about). I like that the photos taken in colour are very green-tinted to resemble the discoloured polaroids of the 1980's. The photos have a very exposed, high ISO (1600) and the flash was used to create that density and hastiness of a real party photo.

The most successful photo was:


Reason being that it looks much more authentic and 'in the mment' than a lot of the other photos. I think that the lighting works well for the purpose and I like how the setting is white-washed. In terms of its authenticity, I think this could be an old photo because the costume is very much like something that a hip-hop fan would have worn at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment