Friday 14 January 2011

Final Photoshoot


On February 2nd, 2011 I rented out Wick Studios for the day and held my final piece photoshoot based on the 1980s project. I had 7 sets to execute on the day so it was hectic from start to finish. I had 2 assistants, a hairdresser and a make-up artist that worked with me on set. I took over 100 photos, here is all the photos I took on the day.


I was really happy with what I got and I chose my favourites to take forward and use for my final product.


In this shot, the male model really dominates the scene. Not only by holding on to her waist, but also by dominating most of the frame. The female model counter-acts this with a confident pose and smiles to the camera.


This model holds a strong pose and is shot from above. Females are commonly shot from above in photos and videos to represent superiority over women. This is also known as the male gaze.  I subverted the male gaze by giving the model strong dark make-up and high shoulder pads which, in the 80's, represented power and this model exudes just that.






The whole concept was to show strong gender personification whilst advertising the clothes and each model took up a different role. In each scene, femininity & masculinity was underlying in the poses and I found the shoot to really draw the curtains on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment